Jeffrey M. Epstein is an attorney with Lubka & White LLP. Mr. Epstein has extensive experience with more than 25 years of practice in the areas of employment law and business litigation. Mr. Epstein has represented medium size to very large international businesses from a variety of business fields, including construction, medical and dental, the service industry, manufacturing, retail and entertainment, as well as public entities. He has tried more than 55 civil jury cases and arbitrations to verdict, and handled dozens of administrative hearings and appeals in both federal and state courts.
Mr. Epstein’s employment law experience includes assessment and counseling in all areas of employment law, creating and updating employment handbooks and policies, and disputes and litigation involving claims of wrongful termination, reduction in force, sexual harassment, discrimination of all types, wage and hour disputes, prevailing wage disputes, family leave and family rights violations, ADA violations, class action matters, employee trade secret violations, and disciplinary disputes. He has been named as a “Top Rated Lawyer” for both employment law and litigation by the Los Angeles Times and Martindale-Hubbell and a Top Attorney for Labor and Employment by Pasadena Magazine.
His business litigation experience spans the areas of complex business disputes, breach of contract, business torts, construction disputes and construction defects. In both employment litigation and business litigation, Mr. Epstein has represented clients in cases of high exposure and high visibility.
He is a teacher of seminars throughout California on various employment law topics. He has helped organize multiple Entertainment Industry Employment Law Annual Conferences presented by the Employment Law section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and has chaired the panel discussion on sexual harassment and discrimination issues in the entertainment industry.
Mr. Epstein served one year as the primary attorney law clerk, after six months as a law school intern law clerk, for the Chief Judge of the United States District Court in Los Angeles.
Areas of Expertise
- Assessment and counseling in all areas of employment law
- Creating and updating employment handbooks and policies
- Wrongful termination
- Sexual harassment
- Discrimination claims of all types
- Wage and hour disputes
- Prevailing wage disputes
- Prevailing wage counseling
- Family leave disputes
- Construction disputes and other complex business disputes
Bars & Courts
- State of California
- All United States District Courts for California
- U. S. District Courts – Eastern District of Wisconsin and Northern District of Illinois
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Juris Doctor, Whittier College School of Law
- Notes and Comments Editor, Whittier Law Review
- Dean’s List
- Moot Court competition winner
- Bachelor of Arts, University of California at Los Angeles
- Graduated with honors in History
- Successfully represented at trial a large contractor in an employment disability discrimination lawsuit. Also represented the contractor in several wrongful termination and discrimination lawsuits that resulted in good settlements.
- Successfully represented at trial a contractor in an employment wrongfully termination lawsuit.
- Represented a very large international company in a number of employment discrimination, wrongful termination, and harassment lawsuits that resulted in either favorable outcomes at trial or good settlements for the client.
- Represented a contractor in a discrimination lawsuit that resulted in a favorable settlement for the client.
- Successfully represented at trial a large manufacturer in a number of wrongful termination and discrimination lawsuits.
- Successfully represented a large manufacturer in a number of trade secrets lawsuits.
- Successfully represented at trial an entertainment production company in several wrongful termination and sexual harassment lawsuits.
- Represented a public entity in a number of sexual harassment lawsuits that resulted in either favorable outcomes at trial or good settlements for the client.
- Represented a large contractor in a construction dispute that resulted in a multi-million dollar settlement for the client.
- Successfully represented a number of contractors in construction disputes and construction defect lawsuits.